ElderHelp of San Diego
Mission Statement: Our mission at ElderHelp is to provide personalized services and information that help seniors remain independent and live with dignity in their own homes.
Advancing Health and Wellness: ElderHelp offers a full coordinated care program using Member Care Coordinators, a critical component in helping members access quality healthcare. Services include:
- Care Transitions: Support for members and their family, ensuring safe transition home after hospitalization, including: help picking up medications, transportation to medical appointments, installing safety equipment, and more.
- Health Literacy: Organize information and facilitate discussion with healthcare providers and accompany the member during appointments.
- Advocacy: Assist with understanding medical benefits and connect with community resources. Work with adult children to understand the best care for their loved one.
- Care Planning: Assess member needs to create a care plan including resources, referral, and support.
- Family/Caregiver Support: Provide support for families caring for an aging loved one.
- Respite: Provide up to two weeks of check-in calls or visits when the primary caregiver is unavailable.
Description: ElderHelp aligns with AHF’s strategic direction by exploring partnerships that advance our mission and reach more underserved, low-income seniors who are in need of improving their health and well-being. These partnerships take the form of new revenue streams, educational opportunities and/or collaborations that allow us to increase scalability or the types of services we are able to provide. Our services have evolved to help seniors navigate the barriers that prevent them from accessing healthcare services because of financial hardships, lack of resources, adjustment to aging, restrictions to mobility, poor health literacy, social isolation, depression, and caregiver stress.
Contact Information: Deb Martin, Executive Director, 619.284.9281, email@example.com | 3860 Calle Fortunada, Ste 101, San Diego, CA 92123 | www.elderhelpofsandiego.org | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Linkedin
Do you love the work of Elder Help of San Diego?
Let them know by making a donation. Click the donate button below to go directly to their donation page.
CEO / ED Video
News and Media:
Mission Support Grant Video:
- Testimonials about programs: https://www.elderhelpofsandiego.org/about-us/testimonials/