Interfaith Community Services
Mission Statement: Interfaith Community Services empowers people in need to stabilize and improve their lives through comprehensive programs, in partnership with diverse faith communities and people of compassion.
Advancing Health and Wellness: Interfaith Community Services (Interfaith) implements comprehensive programs to improve the health and wellness of vulnerable populations. As North County’s largest social services agency, Interfaith served over 17,000 homeless and low-income community members last year.
Description: Interfaith’s most effective collaborations include partnerships with health providers, nonprofit agencies and over 300 diverse faith centers to promote a seamless continuum of health and self-sufficiency services. Through valuable partnerships,Interfaith presents comprehensive culturally and linguistically appropriate services to change the status quo and effectively break the cycle of poverty in North County.
- UT San Diego: Seniors share in food truck craze
- UT San Diego: Solving homelessness in North County
- UT San Diego: Future shelter for homeless, ailing vets
- UT San Diego: Homeless staying longer in winter shelters
- Fox 5 – Homeless shelter to open year round in Escondido
- Fox 5 – New veterans center opens in Escondido
- UT San Diego: Encinitas to spend $108K on homeless
- UT San Diego: Is San Diego age friendly?