AHF Sept News
Uniquely Bold: AHF Pays Tribute to our Founding Executive Ruth Riedel
Ruth Riedel (12/01/1941 – 09/01/2023) Contributed Boldly to San Diego
We may all strive for it, but not all of us are able to leave this world having made a lasting and profound impact and legacy the way Ruth Riedel was able to. To Alliance Healthcare Foundation (AHF), Ruth was our Founding President & CEO for 19 years (1988-2008). To San Diego County, she was the force behind more than $100 million of cumulative charitable dollars that have been supportive to many organizations over more than 34 years serving thousands of people in our regional community to this day. You see, if not for Ruth’s bold leadership and guidance in the early days when AHF became an endowed private foundation, this social impact would not have been possible. Read full story.
Applications close Friday, Sept 15, 5PM PST
Last call to complete your application for Mission Support funding Alliance Healthcare Foundation’s Mission Support funding program provides multi-year (3 years), unrestricted, core operating support to nonprofit organizations located in San Diego and serving our San Diego community.
If you have successfully finished Step 1 of the application, remember that Step 2 is equally essential to ensure your application is complete and ready for submission. Visit web page for full detail about the grant and application process.
- Applications open: July 5, 2023 @8:00am PST
- Applications close: September 15, 2023 @5:00pm PST
- Decisions and distributions: January 2024
A plan to meet all families’ childcare needs
“The Blueprint is part of our strategy to reimagine how we serve families and support providers” said County Board of Supervisors Chairwoman Nora Vargas. “Childcare is a public good, and we all have a role to play to ensure it is accessible to all families. Now more than ever, childcare is essential to support our workforce and help build back our economy.”
Primary Goals of the 2-year Strategy:
- A childcare workforce that is well-trained, supported, valued as a profession, and paid competitive wages.
- Safe and quality facilities are developed and renovated to expand childcare programs, particularly in geographic areas where childcare is scarce, or family demand outpaces supply.
- All families have access to childcare that meets their needs and preferences and supports their children’s learning, physical and mental health and social emotional development.
Add Your Voice on County Projects
The County is asking for your feedback
The County is looking for input on projects covering a wide range of priorities that may affect you, your neighborhood or the region at large.
Your feedback is wanted on the County’s legislative priorities, homelessness, a campaign to Leave No Veteran Homeless, the Climate Action Plan and economic impacts from border water pollution. You can share your perspective by submitting comments, sharing personal stories and/or taking surveys. Engage San Diego.
# # #