SDSVP: Can You Change the World in 180 Seconds?
San Diego Social Venture Partners is introducing a new program to provide cash, consultation, and coaching to non-profit organizations. Modeled on “fast-pitch” venture capital funding competitions, Advance! San Diego is:
- 20 local semi-finalist non-profits competing for cash awards and in-kind services to make a lasting difference in San Diego.
- Workshops for training and mentoring non-profit participants in October 2012.
- 10 finalists selected to compete at one big event.
- 30 minutes of electrifying competition on November 13, 2012.
- $50,000+ in cash and in-kind services to be awarded!
Advance! San Diego provides non-profit organizations with the opportunity to hone their presentation skills, promote their impact to a large audience of funders and peers, and receive immediate cash awards as well as ongoing business consultation for our Partners. Following the formal program, there will be a reception where attendees can interact and network with the program participants to learn more about their mission, needs, and opportunities for support and engagement.
Similar events have been hosted in eight cities throughout the nation by SVP affiliates. Program participants report greater confidence in their presentation skills and are more able to effectively convey their organization’s value proposition, which translates into greater success elevating their profile, attracting donors and volunteers, and building their organizational capacity. We hope you will consider submitting an application!
Apply for Advance! San Diego! Please print and review the attached application materials. Fill out the application, then scan and email it to advanceSD@sdsvp.org.
Deadline for submissions is SEPTEMBER 12, 2012!
For questions about Advance! San Diego, please email advanceSD@sdsvp.org